Using an IT resource no longer depends on having the capital to own it thanks to cloud computing. As competitive dynamics shift, we can help your organization map its path to the cloud.
By allowing companies to procure technology as a service, cloud computing shifts competitive dynamics allowing start-ups to take on global giants—making cloud a key enabler of high performance.
While the concept of cloud is simple, determining how cloud best fits with your business strategy and organizational structure is incredibly complex. It changes the way business and IT interact at a strategic level; IT’s role must shift dramatically and quickly to let the business move forward without it.
In particular, IT executives need to understand that their business peers are looking beyond cloud’s ability to reduce costs and improve speed to market. In research conducted in late 2010 by the London School of Economics, half of the business executives surveyed said part of cloud’s appeal lies in its ability to help transform the business. By contrast, just over 30 percent of IT executives cited business transformation as an appealing aspect of the cloud.
Accenture Cloud Strategy aims to answer key C-suite questions:
- How do I separate the realities of the cloud from the hype?
- What steps should I take to get started in the cloud?
- How concerned should I be about privacy and regulation?
- Which of my mission-critical applications are candidates for cloud?
- How does my operating model need to evolve to support a cloud strategy?
- How do I procure for the cloud?